Master in Theatre
The Master in Theatre at the Toneelacademie Maastricht offers you an inspiring program of 1.5 years that combines a focus on Artistic Research with extensive mentoring of your Artistic Project.
The Master consists of
• An intensive organized program with seminars, workshops, meetings and mentorings. You get a challenging and varied input to help you develop your Artistic Project and accompanying Research.
• An individualized itinerary in which you choose your own specific mentors relevant for your Artistic Project and Research.
• An ongoing critical discussion with your peers, guest lecturers, theatre makers and organizers, and professionals and master students from other disciplines. Through these exchanges you develop your discourse and vocabulary.
• A hands-on training where your artistic practice is central. You finish the Master with an Artistic Project that will be presented within the professional field.
• A program composed of 4 building blocks: the meeting between scenography and directing, artistic research, transdisciplinarity and networks (cultural entrepreneurship).
Master in Theatre is a full-time program. The total study load amounts to 85 ECTS credits, spread over two years. All meetings are scheduled on Mondays and Tuesdays in Maastricht or on location. The majority of collective sessions are organized during the first semester (September-December) allowing you to combine the Master in Theatre with other activities. The program language is English.
Read more in the General Information booklet