In order to determine whether you have sufficient talent and potential for the profession, the Academy organizes a SELECTION COURSE. Every year you have three opportunities to join the selection:
Selection Course A: The deadline for receiving your portfolio is Tuesday 12 January 2021. The selection day will be on Monday 8 February 2021.
Selection Course B: The deadline for receiving your portfolio is Tuesday 30 March 2021. The selection day will be on Wednesday 28 April 2021.
Selection Course C: The deadline for receiving your portfolio is Monday 7 June 2021. The selection day will be on Monday 28 June 2021.
Please follow these 7 steps:
Step 1: SUBSCRIBE
Fill in the application form on this website.
Step 2: PORTFOLIO, LETTER OF MOTIVATION AND CV
Put together a portfolio consisting of a carefully chosen selection of a maximum of 30 works*. The leading question for you is: what do you want to show us?
Your portfolio needs to show your potential and motivation for this study. Therefore, choose work that shows:
- your visual skills, artistic talent and creativity
- your ability to research a subject throroughly and with focus
- your connection with theatre
Please pay attention to the readability of your work (e.g. in chronological order, dated) and explain how you came up with the idea of your work (2 lines). Also please note your name on every piece you send us.
Letter of Motivation
Please write a short letter of motivation: why do you choose this study, and why do you want to enter our programme in Maastricht?
Then send us your portfolio digitally, together with your motivational letter and your CV at the latest:
Tuesday 12 January 2021 (Selection Course A)
Tuesday 30 March 2021 (Selection Course B)
Monday 7 June 2021 (Selection Course C):
To the attention of: Anne Habermann
6211 KP Maastricht
* Examples of a “work”: A sketch, a painting, a picture, a digital work, a 3-D work, a journal/sketchbook, the process of creating a costume design (from inspiration source to first sketches, 'till definitive design on paper), the process of creating a scenography design (from inspiration source to first sketches, till images of theatrical possibilities in a model) etc. Feel free to surprise us…
Step 3: OUTCOME PORTFOLIO SELECTION
You will receive the outcome of the portfolio selection by (e)mail on:
Thursday 14 January 2021 (Selection Course A)
Thursday 1 April 2021 (Selection Course B)
Wednesday 9 June 2021 (Selection Course C)
If the outcome is positive, you will be invited for the selection day, for which you will need to prepare a home assignment.
It’s your own responsibility to pick up your portfolio afterwards. If you want to have it sent back to you, the costs will be charged.
Step 4: PARTICIPATION SELECTION DAY
The selection day will take place on:
Monday 8 February 2021 (Selection Course A)
Wednesday 28 April 2021 (Selection Course B)
Monday 28 June 2021 (Selection Course C)
and will consist of:
- The presentation of your home assignment
- A motivational interview with the jury
- Several artistic assignments
Step 5: OUTCOME
The outcome will be given by telephone, followed by an official letter of acceptance.
Step 6: EXPRESSION OF COMMITMENT
On Wednesday 3 March 2021 (Selection Course A)*
The programme (we) and you express our commitment to invest in each other.
* On Wednesday 3 March 2021 you will be welcomed as a soon to be student of the first year of our academic programme in a festive way. You will also be able to meet all your future and fellow students. Therefore, there is an advantage in joining Selection Course A.
Step 7: ENROLMENT
After receiving your letter of acceptance, you need to enrol for your study in Studielink. You will receive all the required information.