The Master in Theatre programme in Maastricht is intended for professional performance practitioners who, having established a professional practice, now seek possibilities for further reflection and development, aiming to enhance their research skills.
• The Master in Theatre believes in endorsing the expertise and the self-organization of the artist. The Master program is conceived as an individualized trajectory designed by the student.
• The Master relies on the creative power of the meeting between experts on a basis of equality. It aims to create a reflective community composed of all of its participants (students and mentors).
• The Master in Theatre believes that artistic research is a major contribution to the development of the artist.
• The Master in Theatre advocates diversity. It sees the meeting between practitioners with different disciplinary backgrounds in a research context as an enrichment for the performance practice.
• Performance is by definition an interdisciplinary art form. The Master in Theatre takes this a step further and focuses on transdisciplinarity: the exploration of alien, non-artistic, methodologies within the performance domain.
The Master in Theatre advocates the meeting between practitioners with different disciplinary backgrounds in a research context as an enrichment for the performance practice.