The Master in Theatre offers an educational context for scenographers, directors and other artists with an acquired artistic identity and a keen interest in theatrical performance and scenography. In the Master in Theatre, artists can explore new artistic practices and/or develop their qualities as an artistic researcher. The Master in Theatre nurtures the innovative potential and diversity of theatre practice and artistic research.
• The Master in Theatre believes in endorsing the expertise and the self-organization of the artist. The Master program is conceived as an individualized trajectory designed by the student.
• The Master relies on the creative power of the meeting between experts on a basis of equality. It aims to create a reflective community composed of all of its participants (students and mentors).
• The Master in Theatre believes that artistic research is a major contribution to the development of the artist.
• The Master in Theatre advocates the meeting between scenographers and directors in a research context as an enrichment for both theatre disciplines.
• Performance is by definition an interdisciplinary art form. The Master in Theatre takes this a step further and focuses on transdisciplinarity: the exploration of alien, non-artistic, methodologies within the performance domain.