Are you a theatre director or theatre designer looking for a context in which to examine your artistic process and/or explore new artistic paths?
The Master in Theatre at the Toneelacademie Maastricht offers you an inspiring program of 1.5 years that combines a focus on Artistic Research with extensive mentoring of your Artistic Project.
The Master consists of
• An intensive organized program with seminars, workshops, meetings and mentorings. You get a challenging and varied input to help you develop your Artistic Project and accompanying Research.
• An individualized itinerary in which you choose your own specific mentors relevant for your Artistic Project and Research.
• An ongoing critical discussion with your peers, guest lecturers, theatre makers and organizers, and professionals and master students from other disciplines. Through these exchanges you develop your discourse and vocabulary.
• A hands-on training where your artistic practice is central. You finish the Master with an Artistic Project that will be presented within the professional field.
• A program composed of 4 building blocks: the meeting between scenography and directing, artistic research, transdisciplinarity and networks (cultural entrepreneurship).